As a trial, ICIQ is testing an integrated connection to Reddit which has some interesting features to allow open-source developments and high engagements. Our trial subreddit is called /r/QuantumInformation. Please voice up if you have a good idea on how to make it work better than now.
- Features that have been enabled by some programming works in the past months in hoping to make it work better than other online groups:
- Automatic moderations for spams, flairing, reminders and other administration works. The CSS style and wiki configurations have been polished to a distinguished shape and satisfy our basic needs in discussing problems and sharing progresses.
- Automatic posting on periodical discussion threads. We will have a Yearly discussion thread to be automatically posted on July 1st. Hopefully, this kind of threads can go monthly or even weekly as we have more members. This feature could be helpful to satisfy both general audience and exports for their needs on different channels.
- Automatic YouTube videos posting from some well-known research entities. See the wiki page for suggesting more channels.
- Automatic posting new posts from this website to the /r/QuantumInformation subreddit.
- Automatic tweeting short messages to the ICIQ project twitter page so that people following the ICIQ twitter account can easily get updates from the subreddit.
- Features to be implemented in the near future:
- Automatic posting updates from community blogs or other websites of the community.
- Automatic tweeting /r/QuantumInformation updates to other social media interfaces.
The hope is to integrate our ICIQ efforts which are mainly focusing on open-source projects and self-organized small group studies for quantum information science (see our collaborations with JuliaQuantum organization as well) to a broader social network and facilitate research efforts in the cutting-edge information community by using modern IT tools and enhancing interactions of clustered groups of people with knowledge and passions.
If you are interested to participate, just join the subreddit and comment with your updates and opinions. We are definitely open to see what you think about this trial and what you can do to advance the scientific program and the ecosystem in a broad sense! Welcome to invite more people to join us, when you truly value this initiative–success or learn something more from failures.